Sunday, September 9, 2012

Adventures in Paradise

We decided to check out American Village this weekend. We expected it to be full of Americans. We were wrong. I loved this place - it was reminiscent of the shopping areas in Disney World because the whole thing is themed. There is also a big Ferris Wheel which made Natalie extremely excited (thanks to Leap Frog's Alphabet Amusement Park). We found a delicious Indian restaurant there and I also spotted an indoor park for the kiddos. We are going to meet new friends there on Tuesday.

This amazing shot was taken from the car.
This amazing shot was taken from outside of the car.
Inside American Village. Yes those are rain boots that Natalie is wearing. She has clearly been watching too many typhoon videos on base while we wait for Chris to do stuff.

This Indian food was delicious. Dominic chowed down on the kids chicken curry too.

Today we decided to drive around our new neighborhood and see what it has to offer. We were really excited and pleased with the results. We found some great views.

Exhibit 1
We also found a Patisserie. As soon as I saw the sign I knew we had to stop there. The inside was beautiful and the cakes all looked amazing. I was hopeful that the taste would not disappoint. 
I got a slice of the berry cake, a piece of the chocolate cake on the bottom center and a cream puff (not pictured)
The Pattiserie also had a coffee shop built in.
Natalie was delighted with our new discovery.
The cream puff was hands down the best I've ever tasted and the berry tart rivaled those I have tried in Paris. The chocolate cake, despite its good looks, was an epic fail.
I will definitely be going back, it's only a few minutes from our new house.
I see this troll everywhere and I have no idea what it is or what it signifies. I think I like him though.
Take a left at the troll to get to our new house. Road signs shmoad signs...
And the bonus prize! A 24hr supermarket just around the corner from us!
We've nicknamed this one "The Kamikaze"
We also found a great park this weekend. It isn't near our neighborhood but we were doing laundry on base and decided to take the kids out to have some fun. The Japanese definitely know how to make great slides.
That rubber gets balls hot in the sun, so we used little trays to sit on and they actually increase your velocity!
Now that is a slide!
She's soooo fehrncy!
Ready for a nap (and air conditioning, water etc)
After finding some amazingly good deals on patio furniture at the BX on Saturday we headed to a Pirates Day event at the beach. There were entirely too many people for my liking (I don't do queues unless it's an amusement park or free money) but the kids were extremely excited to see other humans their age so we sucked it up and stayed for a while.
I have no idea how anybody could find this fun, especially when someone is about to jump on your cranium. Spot the Dominic.
This beach was full of coral skeletons.
Sunset swims are becoming a favorite
Dominic was very unsure about this 'drug-free' MP lion. I don't blame you buddy, those corrupt cops are everywhere.
Eventually he made it over to the lion, mostly to try and steal his badge and ribbon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment